Ontario’s Only Two Year College Diploma Film Program
Directing, Producing, Scriptwriting, Storyboards, Location Scouting, Physical Effects, Wardrobe, Lights, Camera, Cinematography, Grip Equipment, Editing, Sound Recording and Mixing, Special Effects, Art Direction, Production Design, Film Business, Photography, and more.....
OUR GRADS WORK: Total Recall, Baja Dunes, District 9, Corner Gas, Degrassi, Flashpoint, Trailer Park Boys, and many more.
The Confederation College Film Program is a 2-year FILM PRODUCTION program that focuses on hands-on training. Learn by doing. Make your own films right away in first semester.
Be sure to check out our sister programs, Multimedia Production and Broadcasting Television. To Get a FREE DVD and some more information, simply email us your mailing address.
Do you already have a degree or diploma? You may qualify to enter straight into second year and get your film diploma in one year!
SO WHY APPLY TO FILM PRODUCTION?
We think we are THE BEST FILM SCHOOL in Canada - here’s why:
1. You get to make YOUR OWN films right away. Every student will make up to 5 films. We are not an expensive private school, we are Ontario’s ONLY 2-year diploma film program.
2. We DO NOT use digital SLR cameras. You will shoot on REAL MOTION PICTURE FILM in first year using Bolex and Arriflex film cameras, and in second year shoot on Panasonic AF-100’s, Arri Super 16mm SR2’s and our new ARRIFLEX ALEXA. The Alexa was used to shoot Hollywood grade films such as SKYFALL, THE AVENGERS, ZERO DARK THIRTY, LIFE OF PI….. and much more.
3. WE pay for your film and processing plus WE own all of our film equipment - no need to rent any equipment to shoot.
4. We are a 2-year program and as such we are among the least expensive film programs in Canada. For the latest information on tuition fees and other costs, please go to http://www.confederationc.on.ca/film/fees We are one of the least expensive, yet have the most ‘stuff’ and make the most films by far. Plus since we own all of our own equipment, you’ll never have to pay to rent anything to shoot your film. Fees include film and processing, even gas for the Film Van, which you can use for free.
5. You have 24hour, 7days a week access to our facility and equipment. We also now have a dedicated COLOUR Room for adding FX to alter the ‘Look’ of your film.
6. We own professional lenses, lighting gear, dollies, tripods, jib arms, and camera equipment! We have more cameras, grip equipment, and post production resources than just about any other film program anywhere, and probably the best ‘equipment to student ratio’ in Canada. Take the virtual tour!
7. We have 50 editing workstations and four separate professional editing suites. We own a large van you can drive to get your crew and gear to and from your locations. We even pay for the gas!
8. You’ll get HANDS-ON training. Learn by doing! Write, plan,shoot, direct, edit, mix, deliver! Do it again and again. You’ll make 4 or 5 films.
9. The Confederation College Film Program likely produces as many or more FILMS in one year than all the other film schools in Canada combined! And that’s not including documentaries, commercials, music videos, etc…
10. FILM NIGHT - at the end of the school year, all of the films are showcased to the entire community on the big screen at the local Silver City Cineplex.
11. Simple application process: no essays to write, no interviews, no portfolios needed. Just apply!
12. Make lasting friendships and become part of a culture that encourages your individual creativity.
13. Class Trip to Toronto! In the fourth semester the entire second year class heads to Toronto for a week. We’ll pay for your hotel! We will explore the industry, make contacts, do some networking, and meet some of our many grads working in the business.
EVERY STUDENT MAKES THEIR VERY OWN FILMS!
Most other film schools do not permit each and every student to make their own films. At Confederation College, each student will make their very own films as well as work on many others. Other students will ‘crew up’ to help you make your film, and YOU will crew on many other films - in a variety of positions. Learn by doing!
The Film Production Program at Confederation College has a brand new facility with the latest filmmaking gear for both production and post-production.
24 HOUR ACCESS, 7 DAYS A WEEK!
Students have 24 hour access, 7 days a week to our equipment and post production facility. This facility contains over 50 excellent HD Editing Workstations, meaning virtually unlimited access with no waiting and no booking required. There is no need for students to buy their own computers or laptops. We understand that creativity often requires time and at Confederation College, you’ll get all the time you need.
As well as having directed up to 5 films upon completion of the program, you’ll have worked as a crew member on at least 12 other film productions. You’ll also make your own documentaries, commercials and even work on one of our TV shows! Each graduating student will also bring to the job market a complete “Reel” of their accomplishments and experience.
That’s in addition to having learned traditional photography, film history, freelancing and film business, script writing, film and video editing, sound recording and mixing, and a host of special effects and post production techniques.
Small classes ensure direct contact with our highly qualified, highly committed and field-experienced teaching staff. If you’re interested in this program apply early (before February 1st), but you can also apply after that too.
“What struck me as positive and encouraging as I approached graduation was that I know I’ll be able to apply all the knowledge I received from the program when I get into the working world. I realize now just how much I have learned over the past two years.” SARA ATTWOOD, 2009 GRADUATE