Shoot Your films with a real crew and a real camera. We now own an Arri Alexa for YOU to shoot with!
Hands-on training. Learn by doing. Make your own films right away in first semester. You will learn:
Directing, Producing, Scriptwriting, Storyboards, Location Scouting, Physical Effects, Wardrobe, Lights, Camera, Cinematography, Grip Equipment, Editing, Sound Recording and Mixing, Special Effects, Art Direction, Production Design, Film Business, Photography, and more.....
OUR GRADS WORK: Elysium, Total Recall, District 9, Corner Gas, Degrassi, Flashpoint, Trailer Park Boys, and many, many more.
To Get a FREE DVD and some more information, simply email us your mailing address.
Click here to Apply now.
Do you already have a degree or diploma? You may qualify to enter straight into second year and get your film diploma in one year with our accelerated program.
SO WHY APPLY TO FILM PRODUCTION?
We think we are THE BEST FILM SCHOOL in Canada - here’s why:
1. You get to make YOUR OWN films right away in first semester. Every student will make up to 5 films, plus docs, commercials, music videos and more.
2. We DO NOT use digital SLR cameras. You will shoot on REAL MOTION PICTURE FILM in first year using Bolex and Arriflex film cameras, and in second year shoot on Panasonic AF-100’s, Arri Super 16mm SR2’s and our new ARRIFLEX ALEXA. The Alexa was used to shoot Hollywood films such as Gravity, World War Z, Wolf of Wall Street, and was used by nearly every single Cinematography, Directing, and Best Picture nominee for the 2014 Oscars.
3. WE pay for your film and processing plus WE own all of our film equipment - no need to rent any equipment to shoot. At other schools you might have to pay a lot of extra money.
4. We are a 2-year program and as such we are among the least expensive film programs in Canada. For the latest information on tuition fees and other costs, please go to http://www.confederationc.on.ca/film/fees We are one of the least expensive, yet have the most ‘stuff’ and make the most films by far. We even have a full size production vehicle for you and your crew to head out to locations with. We pay for the gas and insurance too.
5. You have 24hours, 7days a week access to our facility and equipment. We also have a dedicated COLOUR Room with a 63 inch 4K screen for adding FX to alter the ‘Look’ of your film with Davinci Resolve.
6. We own professional lenses, lighting gear, dollies, tripods, jib arms, and camera equipment! We have more cameras, grip equipment, and post production resources than just about any other film program anywhere, and probably the best ‘equipment to student ratio’ in Canada. Take the virtual tour!
7. We have 50 editing workstations and five separate professional private editing suites for editing, surround mixing, FX, colour grading and much more.
8. You’ll get HANDS-ON training. Learn by doing! Write, plan,shoot, direct, edit, mix, deliver! Do it again and again. You’ll make 4 or 5 films.
9. The Confederation College Film Program likely produces as many or more FILMS in one year than all the other film schools in Canada combined! And that’s not including documentaries, commercials, music videos, etc… easily over 150 films every year.
10. FILM NIGHT - at the end of the school year, all of the films are showcased to the entire community on the big screen at the local Silver City Cineplex. Imagine seeing YOUR film on the big screen with big sound for a large enthusiastic crowd. Most filmmakers will never get to see their on the big screen like that.
11. Simple application process: no essays to write, no interviews, no portfolios needed. Just apply!
12. Make lasting friendships and become part of a culture that encourages your individual creativity.
13. Class Trip to Toronto! In the fourth semester the entire second year class heads to Toronto for a week. We’ll pay for your hotel! We will explore the industry, make contacts, do some networking, and meet some of our many grads working in the business.
EVERY STUDENT MAKES THEIR VERY OWN FILMS!
Most other film schools do not permit each and every student to make their own films. At Confederation College, each student will make their very own films as well as work on many others. Other students will ‘crew up’ to help you make your film, and YOU will crew on many other films - in a variety of positions. Learn by doing! Small classes ensure direct contact with our highly qualified, highly committed and field-experienced teaching staff. If you’re interested in this program apply early (before February 1st), but you can also apply after that too.
Interact! Click the arrows to navigate.
“What struck me as positive and encouraging as I approached graduation was that I know I’ll be able to apply all the knowledge I received from the program when I get into the working world. I realize now just how much I have learned over the past two years.” SARA ATTWOOD, 2009 GRADUATE